March 02, 2011

Wonderful Copenhagen: Agnes Cupcakes

I've decided to do a series of posts about my wonderful city, Copenhagen. I've lived here all my life and though I love to travel and see new places, it's always nice to come back to something that's familiar and feels like home. When you've lived in a city for many years, you get to know all the hidden gems and special little places that you don't normally read about in travel guides, and that's the kind of places I want to show you. I'm going to start out with something rather new but also something I'm obsessing about a lot at the moment: Agnes Cupcakes! Denmark is not a place where you can get cupcakes normally, nor do we have the wonderful French macaroons that I so love. Instead we are known for danish pastries and buttercookies, which to me are rather simple desserts that I'm not that into. I'd much rather eat something that blows my mind both visually and on my tastebuds.

And that's why I'm totally obsessed with Agnes Cupcakes, Copenhagen's new go-to cupcake joint. The place itself is very Scandinavian, warm and clean, minimalism at it's best, and the cupcakes are displayed to almost look like colorful little jewels with sweet velvety frosting. They come in a variety of yummy flavors such as coconut, almond, carrot, red velvet, and milk chocolate. There are a total of 30 different flavors served on different days, so you have to go back to get your favorite ones. Every detail has been cared for so the boxes the cupcakes come in are also little works of art, though simple, clean and easy to handle. I'd definitely recommend going here if you're visiting Copenhagen and want something tasty to satisfy your sweet tooth. And remember to check the website if you want to know what day they have your favorite flavor.








No comments:

Post a Comment