February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

First off, Happy Valentine's Day my sweetie! Thank you for a wonderful and romantic morning!

I love Valentine's Day, and I'm lucky enough to be one of the few girls in Denmark who has a boyfriend who likes to celebrate this holiday with me. Valentine's Day is not part of Danish culture and most people here think it's a silly overly American commercial phenomenon without any real substance. For me it's quite different though, as I see it as a chance to do something extra special for the one you love. Of course you should be romantic and caring in everyday life, but I see nothing wrong with adding a special day full of hearts and vintage valentine cards to the mix. It's something to look forward to and get excited about and that can never be a bad thing. My fiance is really good at surprising me on Valentine's Day and makes it very special for me. Last year he got us tickets to the Phantom of the Opera and we had an amazing night. I'm not sure what's going to happen on this Valentine's, but as long as I get to celebrate it with my sweetie I know it will be perfect. I wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment