January 24, 2011

Happy Monday!

I'm back after a nice relaxing weekend. After seeing too many episodes of Hoarders I decided to clean out some boxes in the basement and it felt soooo good. Out with the old, in with the new! I'm not really a pack rat and my apartment is nice and clean, but I still feel I need to sort things out once in a while. I'll accumulate so much stuff during my lifetime that I need to make sure I let things go from time to time, even though they are stored in nice plastic boxes in the basement, out of sight and out of mind. It's a good life exercise as well, to let some things go, be it people in your life, hobbies, routines, food you eat, whatever, just change things up a bit and try something new instead.

I've also spent time this weekend reading a lot (blogs, books, magazines) and most importantly relaxing with my fiance and spending some quality time together. It's very important to set off some time for eachother and make it a priority. Especially since we both have busy work lives and lots of different hobbies. Mine are all creative in some manner, be it decorating, illustrating, writing blog posts or taking photos. I love to explore new fields and I'm constantly searching for new ways to have fun and be creative.

I also had a little girl time with an old friend last friday. We went to dinner at one of my favorite vegetarian restaurants. It was nice seeing her again and talking about old times, and it made me realize that no matter how much a person changes and grows, the old you still remains hidden somewhere and often pops out even though you're not expecting it. I found myself giggling like a teenager and talking about silly things that happened when we went to school together. It was fun and relaxed and I'm glad I get to experience different parts of myself with different people. And to know that no matter how much I change and get older, I never completely lose the younger more innocent version of myself, as it's always there, hidden, lurking and waiting to pop out and giggle. I hope you all had a lovely weekend as well, and that you'll have an equally lovely week! Happy monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment