January 30, 2010

My Mail Me Art 2 Submission

Yesterday was all about making the Mail Me Art deadline. I haven't participated before but I really wanted to send something in just to be a part of it. I think it's a great concept and a lot of the artwork is fantastic. It was hard to do in time as I haven't had any time off of work lately, but I did it! The artwork didn't quite turn out as I had planned but I'm quite happy with the whole feel of it. And I've never painted with acrylics before so that was fun. I wanted to make an old fashioned Danish postman and I think he turned out okay. I made him into a jumping jack and he's attatched to the evelope with pins. Fortunately my post office guaranteed me that the date stamp would be from today so I should be able to make the deadline. Yay.


No comments:

Post a Comment